Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tern Island, on the island.

So here are my pics from Tern Island. I got back last Thursday and am glad to be home. Tern was an adventure to say the least, but we got our job done and got to see a section of the world that not many people get to see. The place smelled like bird crap and the water was horrible, but I did not have to sit in traffic before work and the water around island was great.



John pointing at sleeping monk seals. They don't do much.


Ahhh, so many jokes, but I will keep this one politically correct.


A Fairy Tern. We named this one Speny. She didn't move for about three days straight while we were working around her.


Lobster. 5 feet from the shore. And we couldn't eat them. Sooo lame.


So a Booby hit the plane while it was landing. This is the band-aid that they made. I didn't really like the look of it.


I always wondered if Albatross tastes like chicken.


Co-worker Nate swimming at the beach.


Arieal view of French Frigate Scholes from the plane leaving. Tern island is the upper hunk of sand.


West view of Tern Island.


East view of Tern Island. Yes its that small.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

How come your name is "Ryan M" when you post a comment on my blog? Shouldn't it be Ryan K? I am soo confused!